Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hola Amigos!

Ryan and I just got back from Mexico. Could you tell by the title of this post?! About a year ago, unbeknownst to Ryan, I started secretly saving for his upcoming 30th b'day. He had surprised me last year on my 30th with a trip to Boston, so I wanted to do something special for his decade-turning year as well. Well.. he "found" the secret, birthday stash and had the grand idea to use that money (and add a little extra to the pot) to make it a 30th b'day/5 year anniversary trip to Mexico. So, with little lady in tow, we traveled to the ATL, dropped Campbell with my family for a week we like to refer to "Camp Atlanta", and we flew out for a 5 day hiatus! It was wonderful to say the least...

We stayed here--




And, to sum up our week... 1. We ate ALOT! Seven amazing restaurants, any genre you can imagine, ALL-INCLUSIVE. 2. We snorkled 3. We sun-bathed 4. We SLEPT for LOOONNNNGGG, uninterrupted hours 5. We drank fruity drinks 6. We ziplined through the jungle (and I consequently pinned a small, Mexican instructor into a large tree b/c I couldn't stop properly or safely for that matter) but that is neither here nor there, and is for another post. What would one of my vacations be without BRUISING, right? 7. And most importantly, I got to spend unbelievable quality time with my very best friend.


And, Campbell, you ask? Do NOT feel sorry for this little sweetpea whom we orphaned to skip town.


She was showered with love, gifts, kisses, treats, you name it. My wonderful family all "shared" her for the week, and needless to say, she came home much loved and much spoiled. This picture says it all after a week with all her cousins who adore her. ( I think she is still trying to catch up on her sleep).

3 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!!! :)
    Great pics! Can't wait to hear more!!! On a selfish note... SO very glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute a!!! thanks for the recap...i may need more details later if we can find a time to talk one of these days :-)
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful picture of you, Adriane! You look all tan and relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete