Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Surprise!

Pardon this belated post, but this was too fun not to share...

Two weekends ago, Ryan and I had the pleasure of hosting a SURPRISE, 40th Anniversary party at our house for my sweet in-laws. To their complete surprise, myself (and Ryan, who was a big help) and my 2 sisters-in-law planned a dinner for immediate family to celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss. Nicole (my wonderful friend and sis-in-law), who truly spear-headed the whole shin-dig, was amazing with the details, down to the centerpieces in the colors that my MIL had at her wedding 40 years ago-- peach and cream! The children each gave toasts, which were all very touching and special, and to round off the evening, Nicole had even put together a video slide-show.

It was a wonderful picture to view as an "outlaw"... to see how much their children value and strive to have a marriage like their parents. To see how a Christ-centered marriage has a strong foundation like no other. To see the legacy my sweet in-laws have left to their children and GRAND-children. I felt very honored to be part of such a special family and celebration. I wish my in-laws so very many more years of happiness and love! Congrats, Mimi and Poppa!! We love you SO much...




Here are some pictures of the beautiful set-up, generations of wonderful women, the Green kiddos, Campbell with her Mimi and Poppa, and me with Mindee (my sister-in-law) and Campbell's youngest cousin, Cate.





1 comment: