Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And she's off.....

It only took a shade past a year old, but ladies and gents, we have a WALKER. Campbell is taking beautifully to life on two LEGS. Now, if she HAS to get somewhere, she will still crawl like a bat outta.... but, she is really starting to get the hang of this walking-stuff. She's even starting to get a little fancy and walk WHILE drinking from the sippy. And, she's quite proud of herself!

Campbell also started "school" (as I've increased my days at the nursing home) this week. After many hours of prayer from this worried Mama, she is doing fantastic with the transition. Really, God is SOO good to answer prayers for a smooth transition from our wonderful babysitter, Sara, to a more social (and much more stimulating) environment. Her "teachers" assure me that she's getting the hang of napping on her "cot", making friends and eating good, nutritious, comfort foods. It makes Ryan and me laugh-- today she had roast, collards, a roll, and an orange, and earned an A+ in eating for the day! That's our girl! Little do they know that we have nicknamed her at our house, "the scavenger"...


Here's a little video of her mad-walking skills (please ignore the high pitched, excited Mama voice in the background)... enjoy!!


4 comments:

  1. Ok, I am so in love with Campbell :)
    What a precious video... and blog entry!
    You ARE a proud mama (as you should be) and it is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are all so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    can't wait to see the walker in person :)
    Love to you sweet Camby from all your cousins in Alpharetta!!!!

    Proud of you A for being such a stellar mommy.
    xo
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Isn't is so fun when they start walking? Baby proof that house!!!

    Can I please see you next time you are in the ATL? Annie would love to play with Campbell and I'd love to play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adriane, Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog....so glad we can keep up this way. I couldn't remember if I had written you yet or not...i'm kind of losing my mind these days.
    Anyway, Campbell is beautiful and I know she must be hilarious and fun just like you! You all look great!
    Love ya!!!! Meg

    ReplyDelete